We do not inherit the land from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
我们不能从祖先那里继承土地;我们从孩子那里借来的。
We do not inherit the land from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.
我们不能从祖先那里继承土地;我们从孩子那里借来的。
We easily disbelieve those things which we desire not.
我们很容易不相信那些我们不想要的东西。
We judges others by their acts, but ourselves by our intentions.
我们通过别人的行为来判断别人,但我们通过自己的意图来判断自己。
We must all eat a peck of dirt before we die.
我们死前都必须吃一撮土。
We must take the bitter with the better.
我们必须忍受痛苦。
We see least with borrowed eyes.
借来的眼睛看得最少。
We seldom fear what we can laugh at.
我们很少害怕我们能笑的东西。
We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
船到桥头自然直。
Wealth consists not of having great possessions but of having few wants.
财富不在于拥有大量的财产,而在于拥有很少的欲望。
Welcome is the best dish on the table.
欢迎是桌上最好的菜。
What a fool does in the end, the wise man does in the beginning.
愚者终必成,智者始必成。
What a man can be is born with him; what he becomes is a result of his environment.
一个人能成为什么样的人是与生俱来的;他成为什么样的人是他所处环境的结果。
What a story these old walls could tell.
这些古老的城墙能告诉我们一个怎样的故事。
What isn't your duty isn't your business.
什么事不关你的事。
What one fool can do, another can.
一个傻瓜能做的事,另一个傻瓜也能做。