We do not know what is good until we have lost it.
只有失去了,我们才知道什么是好的。
We do not know what is good until we have lost it.
只有失去了,我们才知道什么是好的。
We have been fools once in our lives.
我们一生中曾经做过一次傻事。
We have no son, and yet are giving him a name.
我们没有儿子,还赐他一个名字。
We have not yet saddled, and are already mounted.
我们还没有备好鞍子,已经骑上了。
We make more enemies by what we say than friends by what we do.
我们说的话比做的事更能树敌。
We'll just have to make do.
我们只好将就一下。
We're all a little crazy in one way or another.
在某种程度上,我们都有点疯狂。
Weight and measure save a man toil.
重量和尺寸省得人操劳。
Welcome, misfortune, if you come alone.
欢迎你,不幸的人,如果你独自来。
Well-married is when you have no mother-in-law and no sister-in-law.
婚姻美满就是没有岳母或嫂子。
Were you at the wedding, Molly? No, mother, but the bride was very fine.
莫莉,你参加婚礼了吗?没有,妈妈,但是新娘很好。
Wet kisses are the messengers of the heart.
湿吻是心灵的使者。
What I see with my eyes I can guess with my fingers.
我用眼睛看到的东西我能用手指猜测。
What belongs to everybody belongs to nobody.
属于每个人的东西不属于任何人。
What children hear their parents say by the fireside, they repeat in the highway.
孩子们听到父母在炉边说的话,就会在高速公路上重复。