What you are doing do thoroughly.
你正在做的事要彻底做好。
What you are doing do thoroughly.
你正在做的事要彻底做好。
What you can't get is just what suits you.
你得不到的只是适合你的。
What you keep rots; what you give flourishes.
你保存的东西会腐烂;你所给予的繁荣。
What you lose in the fire, you will find amongst the ashes.
你在火灾中失去的东西,你会在灰烬中找到。
What you love is always beautiful.
你爱的总是美丽的。
What! No star, and you are going out to sea? Marching, and you have no music? Traveling, and you have no book? What! No love, and you are going out to live?
什么!没有星星,你要出海?行军,而你没有音乐?旅行,而你没有书?什么!没有爱情,你要出去生活吗?
When God sends flour the devil carries off the sack.
上帝送来面粉,魔鬼就把袋子拿走。
When Greek meets Greek, then comes the tug of war.
当希腊人与希腊人相遇时,拔河就开始了。
When a blind man bears the standard, pity those who follow.
当一个盲人扛起了旗帜,怜悯那些跟随他的人。
When a cow is lost it is something to recover its tail, were it only to make a handle for one's door.
一头牛丢了,只要能做个门把手,就可以找回它的尾巴了。
When a man begins to reason, he ceases to feel.
当一个人开始思考时,他就停止了感觉。
When a man finds no peace within himself, it is useless to look for it elsewhere.
当一个人在自己内心找不到安宁时,到别处去找是没有用的。
When a man stops thinking he stops feeling.
当一个人停止思考,他就停止了感觉。
When a man's friend marries, all is over between them.
当一个男人的朋友结婚时,他们之间的一切都结束了。
When all other sins are old avarice is still young.
当所有的罪恶都已成为过去,贪婪依然年轻。