Vainglory bears no grain.
虚荣没有果实。
Vainglory bears no grain.
虚荣没有果实。
Vanity has no greater foe than vanity.
虚荣是最大的敌人。
Very good corn grows in little fields.
好玉米长在小田里。
Very hard times in the wood when the wolves eat each other.
森林里狼群互相残杀的艰难时刻。
Vessels large may venture more, But little boats must keep near shore.
大船可以多冒险,但小船必须靠近岸边。
Vice hides under a cloak of virtue.
恶习披着美德的外衣。
Wait until it is night before saying that it has been a fine day.
要等到晚上才说今天是个好天。
War makes robbers, and peace hangs them.
战争造就强盗,和平将他们吊死。
We are all a long time dead.
我们都死了很久了。
We know the worth of a thing when we have lost it.
当我们失去一件东西的时候,我们才知道它的价值。
We make big promises to avoid little presents.
我们做出很大的承诺来避免小礼物。
We must have reasons for speech but we need none for silence.
我们必须有说话的理由,但我们不需要沉默。
We must learn from life how to suffer it.
我们必须从生活中学会如何忍受它。
We must learn to walk before we can run.
我们必须先学会走,然后才能跑。
We never know the worth of water till the well is dry.
井干方知水可贵。